### [Winter Mason](http://www.stevens.edu/provost/directory/faculty_profile.php?faculty_id=1687) (Asst. Prof at Stevens Institute, formerly Yahoo! Research)
A social psychologist who really pioneered the documentation of using Mechanical Turk
for behavioral researchers.
### They have created some helpful resources
- A really helpful and informative [post](http://smallsocialsystems.com/blog/?p=95) on Winter's blog
- CogSci2011 [workshop](http://cognitivesciencesociety.org/uploads/2011-t4.pdf): "How to use Mechanical Turk for Cognitive Science Research"
- Mason, W. & Suri, S. (2012). [A Guide to Behavioral Experiments on Mechanical Turk](http://www.springerlink.com/content/5236n965288116v8/fulltext.pdf). _Behavior Research
Methods_, 44(1), 1-23.
class: shortlist, middle
# Our three goals
1. Give an introduction to Amazon Mechanical Turk
2. Discuss the capabilities and limits of web-based experiments
3. Introduce the psiturk toolbox for making AMT-based web experiments as painless as possible
class: center, middle
# What is ".blue[Mechanical Turk]"?
.task[Part 1: What is AMT?]
# The history
### [Siddharth Suri](http://www.sidsuri.com/About_Sid.html) (Microsoft Research, formerly Yahoo! Research)
A computer scientist doing web-based behavioral experiments on how
aspect of social network structure influence human behavior.